Monday, February 11, 2013

Grief Can Feel Unending

You feel as though you've been in this pit, this dark tunnel, on this roller-coaster ride, far too long. Will this grief never end?
I know I felt like that when I began my grief blog about 6 months after my boys were born.  I just felt like I was in a pit and I wasn’t moving forward. I really felt like I could not see any light in the dark tunnel I was in.  I just wanted it to hurry up and be over, just wanted the light to come.

"There is no microwave healing. There's no way you can just zap it, and you're better. God's healing takes time, but morning will come," says Barbara Johnson.
Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning.
What signs of daybreak do you see in your life? If you are walking blindly in the darkness of despair, look to the God of light to show you the way.
There is so much daybreak in my life now…even in the darkness that threatens my life in other areas then grief I can still see light, I can still
We don't focus on the things that can be seen but on the things that can't be seen. The things that can be seen don't last, but the things that can't be seen are eternal.
 See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done.
Lord Jesus, sometimes it feels like our grief will never end. Show us patches of sunlight in our lives  today that will spur us on with a healing hope. Help us to seek your word and find proof that it will get better, that you are there and will bring the light back to your lives.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment